'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Saudi Arabian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Saudi Arabia.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetricâ€™s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Saudi Arabia, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Saudi Arabia.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the countryâ€™s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Saudi Arabia.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Saudi Arabia.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the countryâ€™s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Saudi Arabia.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Saudi Arabian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Saudi Arabian insurance industry regulated by the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA).
- 100% foreign direct investment is permitted in the Saudi Arabian insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Saudi Arabia; however life insurers are permitted to operate health insurance business.
- Non-admitted insurers and intermediaries are not permitted, with a few exceptions.
- Motor third-party liability, and workmenâ€™s compensation are the key compulsory classes of insurance.
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Social insurance system
2.4.3 Third-party liability insurance for high-risk facilities
2.4.4 Professional indemnity insurance for insurance intermediaries
2.4.5 Liability insurance for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margins
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact Timetric
3.3 About Timetric
3.4 Timetricâ€™s Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Saudi Arabia - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Saudi Arabia - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Saudi Arabia - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Saudi Arabia - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Saudi Arabia - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Saudi Arabia - Investment Limits for Insurance Companies
Table 8: Saudi Arabia - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
List of Figures
Figure 1: Saudi Arabia - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Saudi Arabia - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Saudi Arabian Oil Company Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report
"Saudi Arabian Oil Company" Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain is an essential source for data, analysis and strategic insight into “Saudi Arabian Oil Company”. The report provides key information relating to oil and gas assets of the company along with its operations across the value chain. The report examines the company’s business
Saudi Arabian Fertilizers Company (2020) - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Saudi Arabian Fertilizers Company (2020) - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the companys history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the companys key employees, key competitors and major products and services.This up-to-the-minute co
Saudi Arabian Amiantit Co. (2160) : Company Profile and SWOT Analysis
Synopsis"Saudi Arabian Amiantit Co. (2160) : Company Profile and SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and services, SWOT analysis, business description, company history, key competitors, financial analysis, recent developments,
The Saudi Arabian Defense Industry - Industry Dynamics to 2020: Market Profile
This report provides a detailed Porter's five force analysis on the Saudi Arabia defense industry.
Defense has been a high priority for the Saudi Arabian government and, despite the recent global financial crisis; the country has continued to allocate at least 8% of its GDP to defense procurement since 2004.