Saudi Arabian Mining Company (1211) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden) is a mining and metals company based in Saudi Arabia. The company has a portfolio of mineral assets at various developmental stages including exploration, development and production. Ma’aden’s principal activities focus on Gold and Base Metals, Phosphate, Aluminum, Industrial Minerals, Ethylene dichloride and caustic soda, and Infrastructure. The company’s has projects across Saudi Arabia in Mahd Ad Dahab, Al Hajar, Bulghah, Al Amar, Sukhaybarat, Kaolin, Zarghat, Al Ba'itha, Az Zabirah, Ras Al Khair, and Al Jalamid. The company has partnership agreements with Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, Alcoa and Sahara Petrochemical Company. Ma’aden is headquartered in Riyadh, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The company focuses on expanding its operational portfolio to improve its revenue and profitability. In line with its strategy, Ma’aden commenced commercial production of the Aluminum Smelter at its subsidiary, Maaden Aluminum Company.
Saudi Arabian Mining Company Key Recent Developments
Dec 12, 2012: Alcoa And Maaden Break Ground For Rolling Mill Capabilities At Ras Al Khair Aluminum Complex
Dec 12, 2012: Maaden Alcoa JV Reaches First Hot Metal Milestone For Smelter
Dec 01, 2012: Maaden Signs Three Contracts For Development Of North Promise Industrial Mineral City
Nov 21, 2012: Maaden To Begin Initial Aluminium Metal Production In Saudi Arabia Next Month
May 27, 2012: HDEC Secures SAR5.6 Billion Contract From Ma’aden Alcoa JV For Alumina Refinery In Saudi Arabia
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Key Facts 6
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Key Employees 7
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Key Employee Biographies 8
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Major Products and Services 9
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - History 10
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Company Statement 12
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 – Company Analysis 14
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Business Description 14
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Strengths 15
Strength - Government Support 15
Strength - Business Segments 15
Strength - Significant Asset Portfolio 15
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Weaknesses 16
Weakness - Working Capital Concerns 16
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Opportunities 17
Opportunity - Global Aluminum Market 17
Opportunity - Strategic Agreements 17
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Demand in Fertilizers 17
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Threats 18
Threat - Environmental Regulations such as REACH 18
Threat - Fluctuations in Metal Prices 18
Threat - Operational Risks 18
Saudi Arabian Mining Company - Key Competitors 19
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 21
Performance Chart 23
Financial Performance 23
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 25
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Recent Deals Summary 26
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 27
Jul 09, 2013: Daelim Wins US$825 Million Contract From Maaden For Ammonia Plant In Ras Al Khair, Saudi Arabia 27
May 28, 2013: Maaden And Alcoa Complete Wetlands Wastewater Treatment System In Saudi Arabia 28
Apr 29, 2013: Maaden Announces Shut Down Of Ammonia Plant In Saudi Arabia 29
Section 5 – Appendix 30
Ratio Definitions 30
About GlobalData 34
Contact Us 34
List of Tables
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Key Facts 6
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Key Employees 7
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Key Employee Biographies 8
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Major Products and Services 9
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, History 10
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Other Locations 13
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Subsidiaries 13
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Key Competitors 19
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Ratios based on current share price 20
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Annual Ratios 21
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Interim Ratios 24
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Recent Deals Summary 26
Currency Codes 30
Capital Market Ratios 30
Equity Ratios 31
Profitability Ratios 31
Cost Ratios 32
Liquidity Ratios 32
Leverage Ratios 33
Efficiency Ratios 33
List of Figures
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Performance Chart (2009 - 2013) 23
Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Ratio Charts 25
Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report
BMI View: We significantly downgraded our short-term outlook for the Saudi
Arabian construction sector on the back of liquidity in the market severely
drying up, following a reduction in government spending. Beyond 2016 the goals
of Vision 2030 will be key to opening up the infrastructure market with the
potential of private investment
Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report
BMI View: The combined value of Saudi Arabia's pharmaceutical and healthcare
markets is the largest in the Middle East and Africa region. The Kingdom's
National Transformation Program, a key part of Vision 2030, reinstates the
government's commitment to improving healthcare provision in the country.
Nonetheless, the rising burden of non
Saudi Arabia Petrochemicals Report
The Saudi government is targeting national petrochemicals output of 115mn
tonnes in 2016, which represents a 46% increase since 2013. There are 26
petrochemicals projects under construction at a cost of USD15bn while another 42
are planned over the next five years at an estimated cost of USD46bn. However,
there is the ongoing threat fro