Recent years there have seen stronger sales as a result of moves to reduce the profile of contraband and the relatively low cost of cigarettes have ensured that purchases have remained strong. In 2014, legitimate market volumes are estimated to be 105.8% above 1990 levels.
- Local production has until recently been expanding, although the focus of local manufacturers is on exports and the duty free markets, resulting in multinationals dominating domestic sales through imported international brands
- November 2015 saw an agreement amongst the GCC for further actions to tackle the issue of smoking, which would represent the first major move towards raising prices for nearly two decades
- Both sales and per capital consumption are forecast to decrease between 2015 and 2025
Cigarettes in UAE, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the UAE market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the
Table of Contents
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers & Brands
5 Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2 Retail Prices
6 The Smoking Population
7 Production & Trade
8 Operating Constraints
8.1 Advertising Restrictions
8.2 Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
8.3 Other Restrictions
9 Prospects & Forecasts
10.1 What is this Report About?
10.2 Time Frame
10.3 Product Category Coverage
10.5 About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 2: Legal v Contraband Cigarette Sales, 2004-2013, Million Pieces
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2002-2015, Million Pieces
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2002-2015, %
Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Table 7: Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Age & Gender, 2009, %
Table 8: Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Ethnicity & Gender, 2009
Table 9: Cigarette Production, 2007-2012
Table 10: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005 & 2007-2011, Million Pieces
Table 11: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005 & 2007-2011, %
Table 12: Import Volumes, 2001-2013
Table 13: Cigarette Imports to UAE by Country, 2002-2013, Million Pieces
Table 14: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2005 & 2007-2011, Million Pieces
Table 15: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2005 & 2007-2011, %
Table 16: Exports from UAE by Receiving Country, 2003-2014, Million Pieces
Table 17: Consumption Forecasts to 2025
UAE Institutional Construction: Market Update
"UAE Institutional Construction: Market Update" presents detailed data on market growth dynamics for the institutional construction market in the United Arab Emirates. It also provides data on market drivers and indicators, along with leading companies, latest construction projects and industry news in the United Arab Emirates institutional constru
UAE Construction Industry
UAE Construction Industry provides a strategic insight into the various political, economic, social, technical, legislative and environmental factors impacting this promising market.
UAE Industrial Construction: Market Update
"UAE Industrial Construction: Market Update" presents detailed data on market growth dynamics for the industrial construction market in the United Arab Emirates. It also provides data on market drivers and indicators, along with leading companies, latest construction projects and industry news in the United Arab Emirates industrial construction mar