"Cigarettes in Saudi Arabia, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Saudi Arabian market.
Saudi Arabia has been one of the most proactive countries in seeking to reduce the rate of smoking in recent years. An increases in the price of tobacco products following tax increases in June 2017 and continuing government actions to curb tobacco consumption are expected to dampen demand for cigarettes over the coming years.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025.
- Per capita consumption was moderately high. The latest data for 2015 puts per capita sales up 86.3% above the 1990 level, with over 900 pieces forecast for 2016.
- PMI and BAT are the leading suppliers; PMI is the clear leader with brands such as Marlboro, Merit, and L&M, taking nearly half of sales in 2015.
- Towards the end of 2015 there were reports that GCC governments were set to impose unified taxes of 50% on soft drinks and 100% on energy drinks and tobacco.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Saudia Arabian market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 12
4. Manufacturers & Brands 13
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 16
5.1. Taxation 16
5.2. Retail Prices 18
6. The Smoking Population 19
7. Production and Trade 23
7.1. Production 23
7.2. Imports 23
7.3. Exports 27
8. Operating Constraints 29
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 29
8.2. Health Warnings 29
8.3. Other Restrictions 29
9. Prospects & Forecasts 33
10. Appendix 35
10.1. What is this Report About? 35
10.2. Time Frame 35
10.3. Product Category Coverage 35
10.4. Methodology 36
10.5. About GlobalData 37
10.6. Disclaimer 38
10.7. Contact Us 39
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption , 1990-2016 8
Table 2: Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Sales, Million Pieces, 2003-2016 9
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016 10
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales, 2001-2016, Million Pieces 13
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales, 2001-2016, % Volume 14
Table 6: Marlboro (average price), SR/pack, December 2009-December 2016 18
Table 7: Cigarette Prices, SR/pack, March 2016 18
Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2016 20
Table 9: Cigarette Imports, Million Pieces, 1990-2015 24
Table 10: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, Million Pieces 25
Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, % Volume 26
Table 12: Cigarette Exports, Million Pieces, 2001-2015 28
Table 13: Consumption Forecasts to 2026 34
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 36
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 37
Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report
BMI View: We significantly downgraded our short-term outlook for the Saudi
Arabian construction sector on the back of liquidity in the market severely
drying up, following a reduction in government spending. Beyond 2016 the goals
of Vision 2030 will be key to opening up the infrastructure market with the
potential of private investment
Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report
BMI View: The combined value of Saudi Arabia's pharmaceutical and healthcare
markets is the largest in the Middle East and Africa region. The Kingdom's
National Transformation Program, a key part of Vision 2030, reinstates the
government's commitment to improving healthcare provision in the country.
Nonetheless, the rising burden of non
Saudi Arabia Petrochemicals Report
The Saudi government is targeting national petrochemicals output of 115mn
tonnes in 2016, which represents a 46% increase since 2013. There are 26
petrochemicals projects under construction at a cost of USD15bn while another 42
are planned over the next five years at an estimated cost of USD46bn. However,
there is the ongoing threat fro