"Cigarettes in Saudi Arabia, 2016" is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Saudi Arabia market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Saudi Arabia has been one of the most pro-active countries in seeking to reduce the incidence of smoking in recent years. Through such efforts, sales nearly halved between 1994 and 1999. However, the situation since 1999 has been one of rising volumes and smoking incidence suggesting this policy has not been successful, with per capita consumption stood at 990 pieces in 2015.
- PMI is the acknowledged market leader, and the country's two leading brands are Marlboro and L&M. Non-duty paid sales is a growing feature of the market, with Yemen a major source.
- A combination of expected increases in the price of tobacco products and continuing government actions to curb tobacco consumption will restrict the market for cigarettes over the coming years.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers & Brands
5 Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6 The Smoking Population
7 Production & Trade
8 Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
8.4. Other Restrictions
9 Prospects & Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
10.5. About GlobalData
10.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, Million Pieces, 1990-2015
Table 2: Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Sales, Million Pieces, 2003-2015
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 4: Market Value, SR Million, 1992-2015
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales, 2001-2015, Million Pieces
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales, 2001-2015, % Volume
Table 7: Marlboro (average price), SR/pack, December 2009-December 2015
Table 8: Cigarette Prices, SR/pack, March 2016
Table 9: Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Table 10: Cigarette Imports, Million Pieces, 1990-2013
Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013, Million Pieces
Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013, % Volume
Table 13: Consumption Forecasts to 2025
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance
Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report
BMI View: We significantly downgraded our short-term outlook for the Saudi
Arabian construction sector on the back of liquidity in the market severely
drying up, following a reduction in government spending. Beyond 2016 the goals
of Vision 2030 will be key to opening up the infrastructure market with the
potential of private investment
Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report
BMI View: The combined value of Saudi Arabia's pharmaceutical and healthcare
markets is the largest in the Middle East and Africa region. The Kingdom's
National Transformation Program, a key part of Vision 2030, reinstates the
government's commitment to improving healthcare provision in the country.
Nonetheless, the rising burden of non
Saudi Arabia Petrochemicals Report
The Saudi government is targeting national petrochemicals output of 115mn
tonnes in 2016, which represents a 46% increase since 2013. There are 26
petrochemicals projects under construction at a cost of USD15bn while another 42
are planned over the next five years at an estimated cost of USD46bn. However,
there is the ongoing threat fro